Jacqueline is our Highways and Environmental Legal Services Manager and provides advice and support to public bodies in all aspects of highways, rights of way, waste, planning, enforcement actions and prosecutions. She is Law Society accredited Local Government lawyer with almost 30 years of experience.
Jacqueline deals with the Commons Registration Authority’s functions including searches, applications for registration and varying of rights. She provides training and advice to ECC’s Development and Regulation Committee on planning and village green matters
Jacqueline also has extensive experience in advising public bodies in respect of judicial review of government policies and planning decisions, including the successful challenge to the Government’s White Paper proposals for Air Transport. She continues to provide advice of the airport expansion project at Stansted G1.
Significant work includes:
- Road and rail infrastructure development. Jacqueline is currently working on the delivery of the proposed Beaulieu Park Train Station and its linkage to the existing main line network. Jacqueline is also advising on issues relating to delivery of the proposed improvements to the A12 and M11 in concert with government agencies, including on compulsory purchase and other land issues.
- Shell Haven/Thames Gateway. Jacqueline drafted the original obligations and supported representations to the inquiry on the scheme to deliver additional port capacity to the UK and is involved in the implementation of the planning agreements for the delivery of supporting road improvements for the local highway authorities.
- Jacqueline is working on a number of local highway authority schemes to deliver links for cyclists and pedestrians as part of the public health and sustainable transport agenda including the legal arrangements to achieve new routes and advice on procedure and consultation issues.
- Jacqueline is responsible for providing training and advice to Essex County Council’s Development and Regulation Committee on planning and village green matters including the induction of new members and interest issues.
- Lead Local Flood Authority. Jacqueline is working the Essex LLFA Board in delivery of flood prevention schemes using her expertise in planning matters to guide delivery.
- Crouch Harbour Authority. Jacqueline is appointed clerk to the statutory body Crouch Harbour Authority and advising the members and officers in all aspects of its powers in relation to the control and enhancement of the waterway and their land holding as well as overseeing prosecution actions.
- Advising public bodies on planning inquiries including: enforcement, planning appeals on minerals and waste sites
- Judicial review of planning and village green decisions
- Representing public bodies before the Lands Tribunal in compulsory acquisition cases
- Advice on all aspects of complex scheme projects including project management, enabling actions and governance requirements
- Enforcement and definitive map/rights of way advice and decisions
- Village green applications including reporting for decisions to committee and holding non-statutory public inquiries
- Governance advice including previous appointment as Deputy Monitoring Officer for Maldon District Council
- Advice to highway authorities in relation to significant infrastructure associated with the delivery of local plan aspirations
- Delivery of sites for new supported housing including unilateral undertakings, affordable housing requirements and commercial issues