Ovril deals with matters including; TUPE, termination of contract, redundancy and restructure, single status and harmonisation of terms and conditions and termination of employment. Ovril has advised on various issues including; complex whistleblowing issues, subject access requests and data protection issues, mass settlement agreements, collaboration agreements between different public bodies and pension appeals under the Internal Dispute Regulation Procedure and Pension Ombudsman. Ovril has also prepared and presented training on topics including social media and employer references.
Ovril advises a range of clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters. She has substantial experience in advising on discrimination claims of all types. Within this area, Ovril has a particular interest and expertise in disability discrimination law.
Ovril advises internal and external clients e.g. Chair of Governors, Charities and senior managers of other public bodies on all areas of employment law. She has conducted complex and multi claimants’ litigation in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Advising an Academy Trust on the removal of its Chief Executive
- Advising the Chair of Governors and Headteacher of a small school on a complex tribunal claim which included 12 separate claims including unfair dismissal
- Advising a client on the dismissal of an employee involved in child protection allegations
- Advising on large public sector organisation on the continued employment of several staff following allegations of historic sexual abuse
- Running a lengthy complex employment tribunal case dealing with issues including unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Advising a public sector authority on a large scale TUPE transfer exercise
- Advising on a large scale change in terms and conditions of staff members
- Reviewing and preparing staff handbooks and associated contractual documents
- Advising a client on the employment status of their contractors