Carolyn has extensive experience in adult social care law, Mental Health and Immigration.
Carolyn also specialises in dealing with all aspects of law relating to vulnerable adults including: Human Rights, Honor Based Abuse and Forced Marriages. She is an advocate before the Court of Protection and the Principal Registry of the Family Division as well as the County Courts in respect of Mental Health and Mental Capacity matters.
Carolyn also has specialist expertise in the implementation of the Care Act 2014, residential care funding matters and judicial review.
- Advising public bodies in respect of adult social care, mental capacity and mental health issues, including welfare and finance deputyship
- Advising public bodies in respect of all aspects of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberties and Court of Protection applications
- Advising on matters relating to immigration issues
- Advising public bodies and conducting matters relating to judicial review applications
- Appearing before Judges in the County Court in mental health and forced marriage proceedings and in the Court of Protection on Adult matters
- Dealing with complaints brought against public bodies, including those referred to the Ombudsman
- Advising on policy and procedure in respect of adult social care and mental health